Extron ISS 408 eight input Seamless Switcher
£207.50 + VAT
A used Extron ISS 408 seamless switcher in very good condition and in good working order, doesn’t ship with any cables or optional extras, the listing is for the ISS408 and a mains cable.
The Extron ISS 408 Integration Seamless Switcher provides truly seamless, glitch-free switching between eight inputs, each of which is fully configurable for all video types. It combines flawless switching between all video signal types and scaling with proprietary Extron technologies including 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown, DMI™ – Dynamic Motion Interpolation, and AFL™ – Accu-RATE Frame Lock. With features such as 16 auto-memory presets per input, test patterns for projector setup, and Ethernet control, the ISS 408 is the ideal solution for professional AV applications that incorporate digital projectors and displays, such as boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, churches, and auditoriums where glitch-free, seamless switching and professional transitions between AV sources are essential.
The ISS 408 offers eight inputs configurable for RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, component video, S-video, and/or composite video on female BNC connectors and two high resolution RGB outputs on female BNC and/or female 15-pin HD connectors. Balanced or unbalanced stereo audio is accepted on eight captive screw connectors and is output as balanced or unbalanced on two captive screw connectors. The ISS 408 accepts HDTV and includes selectable output rates up to 1400×1050.
To deliver the most flexibility for system integrators, the ISS 408 features a Preview and a Program output. The Program output is what the audience sees. The second output is the Preview output for viewing the “next to switch” source by the switch operator on a local monitor, touch screen control panel, or other viewing device. For professional transitions between inputs, the ISS 408 offers two different effects: a seamless cut and a dissolve. Both are accessible through buttons on the front panel. When the dissolve transition is selected for a switch that includes audio and video, the switcher will cross-fade the audio inputs, which lowers the audio of the switched-out source while simultaneously bringing up the audio of the activated source.
The ISS 408 can be controlled and monitored through the RS-232 port or the Ethernet port. Ethernet-enabled AV products, such as the ISS Series, can be managed and supported by a technician or administrator at any time from any computer with a Web browser.
The ISS 408 accepts an optional output board for DVI-D – Digital Visual Interface. The DVI output enables the connection of DVI-equipped digital display devices and acts as an additional display output when the two analog outputs are fully utilized.
The Extron RCP 2000 Remote Control Panel is an optional accessory device that can be used to operate the ISS 408 via an Ethernet connection. The RCP 2000 enables a user to select inputs, change transition effects, and make adjustments to the transition duration and picture settings — all from a remote location. In addition to input, transition, and picture buttons, the RCP 2000 is equipped with a T-bar for manual control of dissolve speed, as well as a gooseneck lamp for low-light environments. The ISS 408 can be controlled simultaneously by the RCP 2000 and through RS-232, offering the user more flexibility.
- Truly seamless switching between eight inputs with preview output capability
- Inputs: Eight fully configurable inputs for RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, HDTV, HD/SD component video, S-video, or composite video on female BNCs
- Outputs: Program and Preview outputs, each simultaneously provided on five BNCs and one 15-pin HD; optional DVI connector for Program output
- Scales composite, S-video, component, RGBHV, and HDTV signals
- Selectable output rates from 640×480 to 1400×1050 — Available output rates include computer video from 640×480 to 1400×1050, and HDTV 720p/60.
- DMI™ – Dynamic Motion Interpolation — DMI technology is an advanced motion detection and compensation method used to deliver the best aspects of still and motion algorithms. This process results in a superior level of image enhancement capability with no loss of image fidelity.
- 3:2 NTSC and 2:2 PAL pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques which help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC or PAL sources that originated from film.
- AFL™ – Patented Accu-RATE Frame Lock — A patented technology exclusive to Extron that solves frame rate conversion issues experienced by video scalers. When video input and output refresh rates differ, there are certain points in time when the two rates cross over each other. The result is a glitch or image freeze on the display. AFL solves this problem by locking the output frame rate to the input frame rate.
- Picture controls including color, tint, brightness, contrast, freeze frame, and horizontal and vertical shift and centering
- Eight vertical and four horizontal filtering levels
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup — The unit offers several video test patterns to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Audio cross-fading when switching between sources — A transition technique applied during switches that lowers the audio of the switched-out source while simultaneously bringing up the audio of the activated source.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables the ISS Series to be managed and proactively monitored over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet. An intuitive Web interface is included for such common functions as I/O switching, online diagnostics, and monitoring.
- Compatible with RCP 2000 for remote device control
- Cut or dissolve switching effects
- 16 auto-memory presets per input — Each input supports 16 auto-recall memory presets, based on the incoming horizontal and vertical frequencies. These presets recall sizing, centering, detail, contrast, and brightness information for each source, saving time and effort in fine-tuning displayed images.
- Front panel input label windows — Input buttons may be easily labeled by any Brother® P-Touch™ labeler or by Extron label software. Each input can be labeled with names, alphanumeric characters, or even color bitmaps for easy and intuitive input selection.
- Windows® control software included — For RS-232 remote control from a PC, Extron includes Windows-based control software with every ISS Series seamless switcher/scaler. This icon-driven software uses a graphical drag-and-drop interface to make I/O configuration and other customization functions simple and convenient.
- Accepts balanced and unbalanced audio signals — Gain and attenuation adjustments can be made directly from the front panel for each input.
- Audio breakaway enables independent audio and video switching — The capability to break away an audio signal from its corresponding video signal. Audio breakaway switching can be accomplished via front panel or RS-232 control.
- RS-232 control port — Using serial commands, the ISS 408 can be controlled and configured via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions except basic switching and control commands; all functions however, are available through RS-232 control.
- Rack-mountable 3U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply — The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.
|MODEL||VERSION DESCRIPTION||PART #|
|ISS 408||8 Input Seamless Switcher||60-423-01|