Sony DSC-1024G Digital Scan Converter
£62.50 + VAT
A used Sony DSC-1024G Scan convrter in prety good condition all round and in good working order , doesn’t ship with box or manuals as I don’t have them – I hav 2 identical units available
The DSC-1024G scan converts, transcodes, standards converts, aspect ratio converts, line doubles and signal processes. The DSC-1024G has an added GENLOCK function which uses a black-burst signal applied as a genlock reference, so that the signal output can be synchronized to the reference. Up/Down Scan conversions: locks to and displays INPUT RANGE: H:15.6-70kHz, V:50-120 Hz and OUTPUTS: 15.6/31.5/37/48/64 kHz. Transcodes: To and from composite, Y/C, RGB and Y/R-Y/B-Y. Standards conversions: NTSC-PAL. Aspect ratio conversions: a wide range of aspect ratio conversions including 4:3, 16:9, 2:1, 1:85, 1:66 and more with On- Screen Display of aspect ratio. Line doubles: the horizontal scanning frequencies of 15.75/15.6 to 31.5 kHz for NTSC and PAL sources. Signal Processor: for up to a 4 x 4 video wall (requires one DSC-1024G per Display device). Additional function include: 4 internal test patterns, on- screen display in 5 languages, 3 line digital comb filter, freeze frame/still store, H & V shift and size, zoom and pan, aperture control, remote control capability with monitor and projector IDs via SIRCS, Display memories for storage of up to five sets of input/output selections, zooming size, H/V size and H/V position for later recall via on- screen menus. Compatibility with KV, CPD, GDM, PVM, PGM, VPH, VPL, AND RVP.
- Locks to and displays NTSC, PAL, VGA, MAC, and SVGA. Input range covers H: 15.6-70kHz, V: 50-120 Hz and outputs at 15.6/31.5/37/48/64 kHz.
- Accepts a variety of video signal standards and transforms them into a different one. Input/output interfaces to and from composite, Y/C, RGB and component signals.
- Allows for the conversions of line rates (ex. 525 «625() and for NTSC«PAL. This increases usable source formats and provides for international exchange of source material.
- In a “war of formats” world, the scan converter can accept and change a wide range of aspect ratios, i.e. 4:3, 16:9, 2:1, 1:85, 1:66, etc.
- Display memories can store up to five sets of input/output selections, zooming size, H/V size and H/V position for later recall via on screen menus.
- Doubles the horizontal scanning frequencies of NTSC and PAL sources to eliminate flicker and visible line structure.
- The zooming function of up to 4 times the image size makes the DSC-1024 a suitable signal processor for 4 x 4 video walls. (Requires one unit per display.)
- Four internal test patterns: gray scale, color bars, cross-hatch and border-line are built-in, providing helpful tools for user/technician setup.
- All on screen menus are viewable in five languages: English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish.Additionally, the on screen display for the horizontal and vertical sizing has an on screen number display which allows you to know instantly what aspect ratio you are viewing.
- DSC-1024 offers a three channel input selector (2 channels of composite video or Y/C, and one channel of RGB or Y/R-Y/B-Y), three stereo audio inputs and one stereo audio output for various signal format applications.
- A high quality 3 line digital comb filter is incorporated in the video decoder for Y/C separation, reducing dot crawl and noise artifacts.
- Allows the user to freeze one frame of video at a time for discrete viewing.
- Adjusting the horizontal and vertical shift moves the displayed image left/right and top/bottom. It is useful for centering images after size adjustments and for underscan. Underscan allows viewing of skew and tracking which would not be visible in the normal (overscanned) mode.
- Picture zoom fills the screen with only a portion of the original image for magnification up to 4 times the original size. Pan allows the user to move around the original image in the zoom mode to view the desired area.
- DSC-1024 uses a 4-field, 4-line interpolation scheme. An over-sampling computational process determines the location in the destination frame of a given pixel in the source frame. Interpolation is performed spatially (horizontally and vertically within a frame) and temporally (from one frame to the next, through time) to produce good resolution and reduce motion artifacts.
- The aperture control advantage is two-fold. One, when displaying a 15.75 kHz signal, it removes flicker produced when converting an interlaced image to a non-interlaced image. Second, when displaying a signal of 31.5kHz+, the aperture control increases apparent detail by sharpening edge detail. The aperture control function is switchable (ON/OFF).
- Remote control is standard and is compatible with two types of existing Ids: TV, and PJ via wired or wireless SIRCS. This remote control is capable of communicating in an Index System.
- Due to its incredible versatility, the DSC-1024 works with a multitude of monitors, projectors, and LCD products. Sony product compatibility, for example, includes: KV, CPD, GDM, PVM, PGM, VPH, VPL, and RVP.
- Processing: 8-bit, 24-bit (RBG)
- Interpolation scheme: 4-field, 4-line
- Remote function: SIRCS
- Composite video input: Composite video loop-through x2, 75Ó (auto term.),NTSC 3.58/PAL 4.43, 1Vp-p
- S-Video input: 4-pin mini DIN loop-through x2, 75Ó (auto term.),Y = 1Vp-p typ, sync negativeC = 0.286Vp-p (NTSC)/0.3Vp-p (PAL) typ.
- RGB/Component input: D-sub 15-pin, 3 row x2 (loop-through), 75Ó/Hi-ZR/G/B =0.714 Vp-p (sync on G/Ext., switchable)Y/R-Y/B-Y = 0.7Vp-p typ (NTSC/PAL, Sync on Y)
- Audio input: L/R, RCA jack, input impedance: more than 10kÓ,0dB (1Vrms) max.
- Composite video output: BNC, 75Ó typc., NTSC 3.58/PAL 4.43, 1Vp-p typ.
- S-Video output: S Video: 4-pin mini DIN, 75Ó typ.Y = 1Vp-p typ, sync negativeC = 0.286Vp-p (NTSC)/0.3Vp-p (PAL) typ.
- RGB/Component output: D-sub 15-pin, 3 row x2 (loop-through), 75Ó/Hi-ZR/G/B =0.714 Vp-p with external syncY/B-Y/R-Y = 0.7Vp-p typ with sync on Y)
- Audio output: Audio gain ± 1.0dB typ, THD less than 1% @1 Vrms
- Capture range: H: 15.6-70kHz, V: 50-120Hz
- Preset signals: LINE FIELDINPUT OUTPUT NAME SCAN LINES RATE RATENTSC NTSC NTSC 262.5 lines x 2 15.73 59.94 (interlaced)PAL PAL PAL 312.5 lines x 2 15.63 59.94 (interlaced) OTHERS – VGA® TEXT 400 lines active 31.47 59.94 (non-interlaced) 31.5K 31.5K VGA 640X480 480 lines active 31.47 70.11 (non-interlaced)OTHERS – Macintosh® 13″ mode 480 lines active 35.00 66.67 (non-interlaced)37K 37K VESA® 800 X 600 600 lines active 37.88 60.32 (non-interlaced)OTHERS – Macintosh 16″ mode 624 lines active 49.08 60.00 (non-interlaced)48K 48K VESA 1024 X 768 768 lines active 48.36 60.00 (non-interlaced)64K 64K ATI 1280 X 1024 1024 lines active 63.95 59.94 (non-interlaced)
- Video memory: 1152 x 1152 x 24 bits (RBG total)
- Sampling rate: 14.3-80MHz max.
- Pixel clock: 14.3-50MHz max.
- Power requirements: 100-120V, 50/60Hz, 0.5A max.200-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.25A max.
- Power consumption: 25 watts (typical)
- Operating temperature: 0 to 35°C (50-96°F)
- Dimensions: 424mm (16.69″)W x 44mm (1.73″)H x 353mm (13.9″)D
- Weight: Approx. 4kg (7.5 lbs)
- Preset signals: Input = 9 formats, Output = 6 formats (See chart)
Out of stock